Monday, July 11, 2011

Earthly

I spent a few hours last week cleaning up the backyard. As the dog days of summer approve, I need a spot to escape to and chill out. A place where I can hear my heart beats and inhale the night air instead of the air conditioner, without adult children bawling for me same as they did when they were 5 and 7 years old and the man calling me to ask if I see something that is next to him.

I am a real country girl in my soul.  Likes to dance bare feet on the grass, stroll along the beach just as day breaks and watch the sunset as it disappears from the chaos of big city life. There is a huge tree that hangs over my entire backyard. Large branches entertwined, leaves mingling and roots lapping overtime together to became one.

There are very few things in life that makes me happier than when I am creating so I spend a big chunk of time daydreaming .....of the next idea. As a matter of fact tomorrow after a 11 a.m meeting, I'll head out in search of something delightfully Caribbean/Caribbean-American. My new best friend.. a Nikon P100, accompanying me He .. its a he.. is helping to capture a few things of interest. Tonight I'll just lay back and peep into the night sky  through the leaves of that large tree, a glass of Mojito at one of my feet. If it was not so darn hot, I'd put a piece of yellow yam to roast on the grill then plate it with saltfish lightly stewed in homemade coconut oil, lots of onions and pepper.


No comments: