Friday, May 22, 2009

I have an agreement with 'Glenville Lovell' an author, to interview him one afternoon during the course of this summer. Looking forward to it. In the mean time if you've not read, get a copy Too Beautiful to Die or the sequel Love & Death in Brooklyn.

Today was a marvelous day. While I'm starving for summer weather, I hope for a mild summer. A tormenting heat wave would be fortuitous. I am looking forward to spending a great deal of time outdoors ....and sharing some of my experiences with you.

I hear a soft knock, let me go and see. Went to the door... my 1 1/2 years old neighbor and her dad. Cute as a button I tell you. She was apparently let loose to roam in her yard. Dutty.. Lawd har little t-shirt was twisted off to the side and the khaki pants.. yes .. khaki.. almost every inch, grass & dirt-stained. Her face smeared with dirt like she was getting a mud facial and what did she do... pooker up for a kiss. Besso...besso. Thank god mi had kids and understand dat it alright to kiss and hug dutty pickney.

Anywho, I am looking forward to an exciting summer chit-chatting with authors, singers, professors, artists; pees from all walk of life. I plan to visit the kitchen of local mom&pop as well, bringing you tips and recipes of Caribbean food. A few nights I'll grab a seat at bar to check out what dem mixing up these days. Bar is not like days gone by.





No comments: