Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I've decided the time has come to develop this blog. Actually, I was waiting for the right time. Now!!  This journey must run across  the globe into various Caribbean communities. My purpose: Expand my knowledge on caribbean legacies, foods, music and art forms.

I am confident accessors from a wide cross section and background will be willing to share cultural perspective(s).

Blogging about Caribbean roots and culture is an initiative that I hope will have an impact not only my life but also the life of others known or unknown to me. I've determined that the value of who we are is far to great to ignore. Knowledge of cultural heritage will assist us to build extraordinary lives. Its proven that popular culture is imprinted in our consciousness but there must be a bridge between the past and now, to ensure iconographic value. Social awareness pertaining to the worth of our art forms is  critical. 

No comments: